To share a piece of my culture and myself, I wrote down my recipe for Chicken Adobo. Every household does it different. Enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken cut into beautiful pieces
- 1 tomato - cubed
- 1 onion - sliced
- 6-8 cloves of garlic (the more the merrier)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar (use the silverswan or datu puti brand if you want to go for that true* Filipino taste)
Secret ingredient: Email me at hello@kwentobynica or direct message me on instagram to find out! ;)
1. Cut the chicken into pieces and put in a large bowl. Marinate it with soy sauce and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Best to let it sit for 1 hour. The longer the better.
2. When you're done marinating the chicken, sauté onion, garlic, and tomato. Add chicken. Let the juices flow. Pour the remainder of the marinade in the pan. Add the two bay leaves.
3. Don't over cook the chicken.
Tips no other recipes will tell you:
- Filipinos complement adobo with a side of banana (the good kind), MANGO, potato, or hardboiled egg.
- Chicken Adobo tastes better the day after you cook it ;)
Leave a comment below! Happy cooking and eating!